An OHSMS promotes a safe and healthy working environment by providing a framework that allows your organization to consistently identify and control its health and safety risks, reduce the potential for accidents, aid legislative compliance and improve overall performance.
OHSMS 45001 is the internationally recognized assessment specification for occupational health and safety management systems. It was developed by a selection of leading trade bodies, international standards, and certification bodies to address a gap where no third-party certifiable international standard exists.
OHSMS 45001 has been designed to be compatible with ISO 9001 and ISO 14001, to help your organization meet its health and safety obligations in an efficient manner.
The following key areas are addressed by OHSMS 45001:
- Planning for hazard identification, risk assessment, and risk control
- OHSMS management programme
- Structure and responsibility
- Training, awareness, and competence
- Consultation and communication
- Operational control
- Emergency preparedness and response
- Performance measuring, monitoring, and improvement
- OHSMS 45001can be adopted by any organization wishing to implement a formal procedure to reduce the risks associated with health and safety in the working environment for employees, customers, and the general public.